Welcome to Nobles Int'l School
We are based in Uyo, Nigeria
Nobles International School is first and foremost a school where children are happy, confident, and enthusiastic learners. In the summer term of 2019, we had a successful inspection.
We have produced outstanding students in various higher institutions in Nigeria and abroad. Excellent academic performance in both curricular and co-curricular activities.
Whilst we aim to ensure every child reaches their full potential academically, they are also taught that they can be successful in many different ways. This could be anything.
NOBLES SCIENCE SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION FINAL RESULT IS OUT!!!
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
You will soon discover that you have just taken the right decision by choosing NOBLES International School for your child. Here in NOBLES, every child enjoys the privilege of being given a solid basis for life’s challenges in a pure Christian environment. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to bring up your child in the way of the LORD.
Our mission is to provide learning experiences that will give our children an edge to positively affect their generation as future leaders that will reign all over the world and make heaven at last (Rev. 5:10). We have a conducive learning environment, modern learning materials, dedicated, seasoned, professionally qualified, highly motivated and God-fearing born-again staff. With the full cooperation and communication between the school and the home, we will bring out the best in the child who goes to the world with full confidence, optimism and positivism, having been fully equipped with God’s WORD and wisdom.
To sustain the quality of our teachings and overall standards, retraining programmes are organized for the academic and non-academic staff from time to time. These often take the form of in-house seminars and external courses to which teachers are sponsored.
Suffice it to state here that NOBLES is the only school in Akwa Ibom state that has registered with BRITISH COUNCIL International School Award Programme. Nobles collaborates with other renowned secondary schools all over the world and adopts international curriculum.
Education is commonly and formally divided into stages such as preschool, primary school, secondary school and then college, university or apprenticeship. The methodology of teaching is called pedagogy.
The homelike quality of our school contributes to a relaxed, focused experience for the child. Our indoor classroom activities are placed on open shelves for selection as interest and readiness inspire the child. Our outdoor environment offers a beautifully developed playground with manipulatives, tricycles, pets, and gardens.
A child has one intuitive aim: self-development. He desperately wants to develop his resources, his ability to cope with a strange, complex world. He wants to do and see and learn for himself through his senses and not through the eyes of an adult. He becomes a full person.
For the new in-takes, kindly take note of this important piece of information on the required items to be provided.
|TO BE PROVIDED BY THE SCHOOL||TO BE BROUGHT BY YOU||ITEMS EXCLUSIVE FOR GIRLS|
|On registration and provision of the bank teller, the school supplies the following items:
- Bank teller with Proof of payment of school fees and any other fees/levies issued by the bursary unit.
- Admission into the hostel hinges on the presentation of the Bank Teller and the above-prescribed item
- For any right claims from parents, a term’s notice is required before the withdrawal of a child for any genuine reason(s)
ANY OTHER ITEM(S) NOT MENTIONED ABOVE BUT FOUND ON OR BROUGHT IN BY THE STUDENTS SHALL BE CONSIDERED CONTRABAND AND SHALL THEREFORE ATTRACT APPROPRIATE SANCTIONS.
At the end of Junior Secondary Education, students are presented for Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) for both Akwa Ibom State and the National Examination Council (NECO). At the end of the Senior Secondary Education, students are presented for the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) being conducted by WAEC and NECO.
The school prepares and presents students for the under-listed international Examinations;
- At the JSS Level, the students sit for the Junior Cambridge Examination, which is written at the end of year 9-14 and supervised by the British Council.
- At the SSS Level, the students are prepared for the under-listed examinations:
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- Scholastic Assessment Test (S.A.T)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
Our core-value is to train up children in the way of the Lord. In NOBLES, the spiritual and moral life of our children is highly valued. Our children on daily basis, are equipped spiritually with the WORD of GOD.
We run a full boarding Christian school targeted at providing learning experiences in order to raise unto our God kings and priest who shall reign on earth and eternity with Christ (Rev. 5:10) as well as have an edge to positively affect their generation as our future leaders.
To be the best towards surpassing every standard available anywhere in the world.
- Prof. Fidelis Onwioduokit (Chairman)
- Hon. Justice Godwin Abraham (Member)
- Engr. Ntiense Ubon-Israel (Member)
- Pastor (Mrs.) Philomina Uma Ukpai (Member)
- Pastor Emmanuel Essien (Member)
- Engr. Ekom Esang (Member)
- Engr. Victor Adeyanju (Member)
- Pastor Uduake E. Udo (Member)
Assessment and Examination Procedures
The school operates the Continuous Assessment System. Assessment scores are based on students’ results, subject attendance, notes updates, classwork, practical projects and assignments. These account for 40% of the overall assessment, and the examination accounts for 60% of the overall assessment for each subject. The school policy stipulates that every child should pass Mathematics and English with an average benchmark of 70% before he/she could be promoted to the next class.
The school runs a session of three terms. The 1st term (September to December), the 2nd term (January to April), and the 3rd term (April to July) of each academic year. The school observes midterm breaks in the seventh week, government-recognized public holidays and terminal holidays.
Parents and Guardians are expected to visit their children/ward once in a term, as stipulated in the term plan usually given to parents in advance.
The school buses are mainly used for regular academic excursions per term.
Rules & Regulations
Our school disciplinary committee investigates offences and makes recommendations for appropriate disciplinary actions. This covers all forms of misconduct/misbehaviour in accordance with the laid down rules and regulations given to all students upon admission into Nobles School. Some of the excerpts of the rules and regulations are seen below:
- No student is expected to bring contraband items to school. Such item(s) shall be seized and the student in question shall be punished.
- Cooked food/provision is not allowed except during visiting days. Any students found with such items shall be punished.
- Fighting, stealing, slapping fellow students and use of abusive language are highly prohibited. Culprits shall be subjected to corporal punishment, suspension or expelled from school.
- Bullying fellow students attract severe punishment such as cutting the grass or even suspension repeated.
- Deliberate destruction of school property shall require immediate replacement by the culprit.
- Improper or incomplete dressing attracts serious environmental work.
- No submission of homework, projects, prep work and subject notes attracts impositions and completion of such items within 24 hours.
- Disturbance during prep time and normal classes attracts environmental sanitation and imposition.
- A late response to school bells on dining, assembly, prep classes etc attracts such punishment as sweeping the compound, running around the field or picking round the surroundings, washing and cleaning the tables or any other available duty.
- Non-compliance with night light out attracts severe one-week routine disciplinary measures.
- Cheating/Involvement in examinations malpractice attracts subtraction of marks or cancellation of paper and cutting of grass. A repeat performance lead to suspension or rustication.
- Insubordination to constituted authorities may lead to various kinds of punishment depending on the gravity of the offence.
- Careless/deliberate destruction or loss of fellow student or staff/school item shall lead to immediate replacement.
- Intentional inflicting of injuries on fellow students through pranks or wickedness attracts corporal punishment or suspension. The culprit shall bear the cost of treatment.
- Other minor offences like noise making, running in corridors etc may attract kneeling down, picking round the field etc.
- Immoral gatherings, conversations, and illicit love affairs are highly prohibited. They attract sanctions like corporal punishment, suspension or expulsion.
- Disobedience of dining rules shall attract punishment such as cleaning/moping the dining hall/tables and washing plates.
- Voluntary absenteeism from class/school gatherings by dodging to the toilet/special rooms/hostel etc shall attract punishment like an imposition, wedding of grass or any other environmental sanitation.
- Disobedience of hostel rules such as opening someone else’s box or making use of things belonging to others without permission shall attract punishment like cleaning and moping the hostel or administrative block.
- Filthiness/improper use of the school facilities e.g toilets, bathroom shower, dining, classrooms, walls, floor tiles, chairs, lockers, tables, whiteboard, special rooms as well as cloth-hangers/ropes and other personal dirtiness attract sanctions such as moping and cleaning of the hostel, dining and administrative block.
Curricular and Co-Curricular Activities
Build Your Dream
Where the Magic Happens
Great emphasis is placed on sports in the school, the children are encouraged to participate in various indoor and outdoor games such as Basketball, Football, Cricket, Hockey, Volleyball, Chess, Handball, Athletics, Table Tennis Swimming, etc.
CLUB & SOCIETIES
Apart from Sports, every student must belong to one recreational club and one subject club. Listed below are the Recreational and Subject clubs:
Recreational Clubs: Boards Games, Red Cross, Young Disciple Int’l, Dramatic Club, Debating Club, Young Leaders’ Club, etc
Subject Clubs: JETS Club, Geographical Society, Home Makers Club, Press and Library Club, French Club, Business Club, Arts Club, Maths/ICT Club etc
Seeking a Job or Career?
We are always taking absolute measures to recruit fresh and qualified
teachers to join our league of experts.
exciting moments you cannot miss
In Need of a Quality Education for Your Child?
We have the best learning environment for your ward, with a well-equipped library, sophisticated laboratories, ICT rooms, and many more.
have some questions?